Welcome to Cairns
Immerse yourself in the tropical paradise of Cairns, Australia’s gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- the Wildlife Dome
- St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church
- Cairns Regional Gallery
- the Old Courthouse
This audio tour will give you the opportunity to wander along the stunning Esplanade Lagoon, listen to stories about the impact of war and the Gold Rush on this region, and learn about the native Aboriginal people. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. The Cairns Wildlife Dome is a spectacular all-weather wildlife exhibit enclosed by a 20 metre high glass dome on top of Cairns’ Pullman Reef Hotel Casino.
- 2. St John's the Evangelist Anglican Church is one of the earliest churches built by Christian immigrants in Northern Queensland.
- 3. The Cairns Esplanade War Memorial stands in honour of those that gave their lives to protect Australia
- 4. The Cairns Museum shows the fascinating story of the development of the city from its beginnings to the present day.