Welcome to Brisbane
Venture through Brisbane, Australia’s bohemian ‘River City’. On this audio tour, you’ll make your way through the modern downtown area while learning about the history and significance of one of the nation’s oldest cities.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- Parliament House
- Albert Street Uniting Church
- the MacArthur Museum
- Customs House
Discover the intriguing history of Brisbane’s convict past and its involvement in the 2nd World War while admiring the city’s 19th century architecture. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. Brisbane City Hall was built between 1920 and 1930. The heritage-listed building is seen as the heart of Brisbane and has been the backdrop to many cultural, social and civic events.
- 2. The Shrine of Remembrance is a war memorial dedicated to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps and has a beautiful eternal flame.
- 3. The Cathedral of St Stephen is a heritage-listed cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and the seat of its archbishop.
- 4. The MacArthur Museum in Brisbane is a living memorial to Brisbane's history in Second World War.