Welcome to Broome
Visit the culturally vital and beautiful city of Broome. Learn about its world famous pearling industry and the devastating attack on the city during World War II.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- Johnny Chi Lane
- the Pearl Lugger's Museum
- Sun Pictures Cinema
- the Broome Courthouse
In this audio tour you will also get the chance to visit the fascinating area of Chinatown and view the iconic Town Beach where you can relax and enjoy the great views. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. In Chinatown, Johnny Chi Lane and Shady Lane are pedestrian only areas with open air malls and with a variety of different shops
- 2. Sun Pictures Cinema is the world's longest-running outdoor cinema, built in 1913, screening new releases in a charming setting.
- 3. William Dampier Chest is a monument that is built in the form of a sea chest in granite with Dampier`s name and coat of arms on it.
- 4. Pearl Luggers Museum and the Pearl Luggers grounds are located right in the heart of ‘Chinatown’. It features two fully rigged and restored 'workhorses of the sea'.