Welcome to Juneau
Explore the beautiful and scenic city of Juneau, the capital of the state of Alaska. On this tour, learn about its origins as a gold mining town and the influence of Russia within Alaska as a whole.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- the Red Dog Saloon
- Gold Creek
- the Juneau Douglas City Museum
- St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
There is also an optional addition to see the Mount Roberts Tramway. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. Juneau Douglas City Museum is a quaint small-town museum that traces the history of the area.
- 2. St Nicholas is a little octagonal Russian church and is certainly nothing like you would see in the rest of the States.
- 3. Gold Creek is the river where the first prospector started digging for gold after the Chief Kowee revelation.
- 4. Governor's Mansion, Juneau Douglas city Museum, Alaska State Capitol, St Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, Red Dog Saloon