Welcome to Penang
Through this fascinating audio tour you will see the how a British colony city evolved to its present-day blend of cultures and ethnicities. While moving with the times, Penang also has retained much of its historic charm, with beautiful colonial buildings and elaborate temples, each having its own unique hand carved characteristics.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- Weld Quay
- the Mariamman Temple
- the Penang Islamic Museum
- the Clan Jetties
For a different view of the city wander through Little India where you have the opportunity to try various Indian culinary delights with a Malaysian twist. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. Queen Victoria Memorial Clock Tower, leans slightly to one side like the Leaning Tower of Pisa and. has a Moorish style top
- 2. The star shaped Fort Cornwallis is the most intact fort in Malaysia and is greatly renowned throughout Asia.
- 3. Pinang Peranakan Mansion an example of a typical rich Baba home and a must-see. It is adorned with intricate carvings and ornate fixtures and has been restored to its former glory.
- 4. Sun Yat Sen Museum is a historic gem in the heart of George Town, a beautifully preserved house museum which has a permanent exhibition on Sun Yat Sen's early revolutionary period in Penang when he planned the China Revolution in 1911.