Welcome to Taupo
Enjoy the action-packed city of Taupo, one of the premier tourist locations in New Zealand. The city's namesake is the large body of water known as Lake Tauponuiatia (Taupo for short). This area is rich with geothermal and volcanic activity.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- The Harbour Master Building
- Tapuaeharuru Redoubt
- The Joan Williamson Rose Garden
- Settler's Cemetery
Over the course of this audio guide you will also learn about the Waikato River which runs from the Lake and it's fishing history at the Taupo Boat Harbour. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. While enjoying the largest fresh water lake in NZ, one of the bonuses is Māori carving.
- 2. With the most jumps worldwide and coast to coast views with amazing scenery of mountains and the great lake, Tandem Taupo Skydive is the place to go
- 3. The Taupo Museum is a fascinating museum with a number of interesting, well curated displays. If you are interested in learning about Taupo's history and the Māori you should definitely visit.
- 4. With a surface area of 616 square kilometres (238 sq mi), Lake Taupo is the largest lake by surface area in New Zealand